Outlander episode Sassenach aired on 8/9/14 at 9pm on Starz
Synopsis: 1945 England: Claire Randall reunites with her husband after five years of war. A second honeymoon goes awry when she falls back through time to 1740’s Scotland.
10 Things I loved….
- The opening shot of the mountains of Glencoe Scotland. This was a breathtaking view of the area. I’ve actually been to Glencoe and it is one of the most beautiful areas.
- The showing more of a backstory on Claire’s war days. Although a bloody scene it help define what Claire had actually lived through.
- The Druids dancing to raise the sun. This was beautiful filmed and I liked the lanterns and the ghostly feel of the whole scene.
- Jamie’s ghost scene. Poor guy is longing for his lost love and she don’t even know she is his heart yet.
- Seeing Black Jack Randall for the first time. Tobias Menzies who plays both Frank Randall and his 6 times great grandfather does an awesome job of bring out the best or worst of these two men.
- Dougal MacKenzie, he commands the scene once Claire is through back into 1743 Scotland. He lets everyone know who’s in charge.
- That they opted to make Angus the comedic relief instead of a big brute that he was in the books. Everyone needs a good laugh 🙂
- The Gaelic conversations they use between them and the fact that they do not translate it for the audience. I think this makes the show more authentic. They could be speaking gibberish but I know they have a Gaelic coach. I think it sounds cool…hehehe
- This look…OMG just melts me. This is the part where Jamie falls for Claire as she’s cursing out the bandages because they won’t stay where she puts them.
What I didn’t like…
- The first half of the show was sorta slow moving. Seemed like they drag it out just a little too long.
- Not enough Jamie time ….hehehe
- The fact that the scene where it’s raining then not raining, then raining again. Drove me nuts that this was not edited properly. I do realize they probably had to go back and do some reshoots and Scotland’s weather can be a bit tricky but it’s all good. I really do love the show 🙂 Some people call this being nitpicky but I kinda enjoy finding this little gems.